Phytotherapy is such a treatment method in which the bases are herbal medicines. It contains a complex of biologically active substances extracted from the plant or its part.
The method of herbal medicine as a “herbal treatment” has been known for a long time – some indicate a period of thousands of years, or the more impressive age of this medicine area. A Classical herbal medicine has become the progenitor of a modern pharmacotherapy, which was basically based on studying the action mechanisms of individual chemicals of medicinal plants, creating the ways of getting extract from plants , its synthesis, as well as its combination with unnatural medicines which were intentionally created artificially.
The main advantages of herbal medicine are:
– long-term use;
– no side effects
– compatibility with other drugs, as well as with each other;
– It is possible to use at home, without special equipment.
The effectiveness of herbal medicine can be achieved by following rules:
- Phytotherapy should be used according to indications, its qualities should be rated according their main directions (etiotropic, pathogenic or symptomatic therapy).
- At the initial stage of therapy, herborizations should be taken, which contain few components and were analyzed for phytochemical, pharmaceutical and pharmacological compatibility of the components;
- To getting extracts from plant materials, it is necessary to use optimal herborizations that provide the most beneficial extraction of biologically active substances.
- herborizations prescription should be made with taking into account the individual characteristics of patient’s body, the form and nature of intercurrent diseases; herbal remedies must be prescribed in correct doses, using the optimal ways of administration; treatment courses should be sufficient in duration.
- It is better to carry out Phytotherapy sequentially in combination with general health measures: sensible nutrition, remedial gymnastic, massage, therapy tank, walks in the fresh air, etc.
Phytopreparations made from medicinal plant have their own particular characteristics: gradual, slow development of a therapeutic effect, mild, and medium effect, as a rule, only oral administration or external use.
The use of phytotherapy.
Medicinal herbs prevent and eliminate complications when antibiotics, hormones and chemotherapeutic agents are taken.
Phytotherapy is effective in treatment of spasmodic asthma, hypertonia, cardiac insufficiency, peptic ulcer, chronic pneumonia and a number of other serious, “incurable” diseases.
Good results of herbal treatment are given by the method of recreational phytotherapy after acute diseases, as well as the treatment and prevention of acute exacerbation of a chronic disease of cardiovascular system, respiratory apparatus, digestive tract, hepar, bile ducts, renal system, urinary tracts, etc.
Medicinal plants not only stop, but also undergo involution of inflammation at any stage, even with necrosis. At the same time, herbal treatment in traditional medicine does not harm body, but helps to recover from burns, wounds, injuries, acute myocardial infarction, stroke, acute mastitis, pyelonephritis, sepsis.
It must also be remembered that the incompetent and persistent misuse of medicines based on medicinal plant materials can be harmful to health, as some of the plants are very toxic and require special care in using and observing indicated dosages. Self-treatment with medicinal plants without prior thorough medical and clinical-laboratory examination is unacceptable.
The use of raw materials collected in picturesque corners of the Carpathian Mountains in ecologically clean areas, institution of highly experienced doctor after a thorough examination in combination with other effective natural methods of treatment is the key to the successful use of herbal medicine in sanatorium ‘KRYSHTALEVE DZHERELO’.