Carbonated sodium bicarbonate mineral “LUZHANSKA-12” and “LUZHANSKA-3r” waters are the main medical factor of the sanatorium ‘CRYSHTALEVE DZHERELO’. You get the maximum therapeutic effect of mineral water by drinking it. The following methods of drinking mineral waters are used in the sanatorium:
- Drinking treatment with mineral water
- inhaling with mineral water
- hydrolaser gingivae irrigation
- colonic irrigation(hydrocolonotherapy)
- gynecological irrigation.
The therapeutic effect of drinking mineral water is a complex multi-link process that consists of both local and general mechanisms subordinated to the consistent patterns.
With drinking water, the effect of mineral water begins in the oral cavity, continues in the underlying sections – of the stomach, intestinal canal, and ends after the complete water’s and all its elements absorption in the intestinal canal. The local effect of water consists of several factors:
- the impact on the reaction of the (pH) environment, where digestion is, as a result the activity of digestive enzymes and the nature of absorption are changed;
- a change of a parietal digestion pace;
- a change in microcirculation of the gastric mucosa, activates its physiological activity;
- impact on a motor-evacuation function.
Drinking treatment with mineral waters Luzhanska-12 and Luzhanska-3g is indicated for treatment of digestive system, renal system and urinary organs, metabolic disease.
Mineral waters Luzhanska – 12 and Luzhanska – 3r for oral administration are usually prescribed to be taken warm (38-45 ° C), especially for diseases of the digestive system and renal system, warm water is physiological, relieves muscle spasms of the internal organs, and to a greater extent demonstrates its therapeutic act. Under particular endeixis, drinking low temperature mineral water (18-20 ° C) is indicated.
The amount of mineral water in averages 3.3 g / kg patient’s weight (200-250 g) in one go; water is usually taken 3 times a day. In cases of liver disease, renal disorder and urinary tracts diseases – according to indications, a vast amount of mineral water is sometimes prescribed by a doctor .It should be memorized that increasing the dose of mineral water on your own can cause undesirable adverse events or an acute exacerbation of main disease. In some particular conditions the amount of mineral water decreases to 100-150 m in one go. It is necessary if there is acute exacerbation of disease (peptic ulcer, pancreatitis, etc.), also if the patient is inclined to loosing bowel movements, has idiopathic hypertensia, in cases of affections of cardiovasculares.
During the treatment of the digestive system diseases, in sanatorium, taking water before or after meal –depends on condition of gastric secretion. If there is a hypoacidity, water is drunken 30 min. before the meal. In case it is normal-45 min, and if the acidity of stomach is high -1,5 before a meal. Drinking of mineral water (source, amount, and time) is prescribed by the doctor, who takes into consideration disease, its phases, existence of intercurrent diseases. The most healing effect water has, if it is taken directly from the source, it preserves all healing qualities. Course of treatment lasts 21 day.
If there are renal disorder and urinary tracts diseases, drinking treatment with mineral waters of Luzhanska-12 and Luzhanska-3r is prescribed to enhance diuresis, reduce pain, and facilitate the discharge of stones from the transureteral. The diuretic action refers not only to removing of water from the body, but also to the removing of unnecessary minerals and products of nitrogenous metabolism. Mineral waters dissolve and wash the ureterophlegma, purulence, disease causing microbe out of the transureteral, and help to correct mineral metabolism disorders.
At the same time, the production of protective colloids is enhanced, the solubility of salts in urine increases, and they stop carry-down, as a consequence lithiasis is decreased. As a result of the water load, patients who have vesical calcification, the urine specific gravity decreases, which means favourable factor of lithiasis relapse prevention. Drinking mineral water is the mail natural factor, which is used on resorts for preventive measures and treatment of pyelonephritis, vesical calcification and urinary diathesis.
The chemical formula of mineral water is crucial in appreciation its physiological and therapeutic effects.There are complexes of ions (anions and cations) in mineral water, which are constantly joined together, forming different salts, and separated. This is one of the reasons for the more highlighted therapeutic effect of water, taken directly from the source
Chloride anions (Cl-) are present in almost all mineral waters. Chlorides enhance metabolic processes that carry out the biligenic effect, and if it is taken for a long period, they increase the release gastric acid and its acor. In combination with calcium ions, they have anti-inflammatory effects and reduce bleeding.
Hydrocarbonate ions (HCO3 -) play an important role in the body, first in supporting the acid – base. During neutralizing of the hydrochloric in the lumen of the stomach under the influence of hydrocarbonate ions, the stomach acidity decreases, as well as local intolerance of the stomach juice on the mucous membrane of the stomach and dodecadactylon .The effect of stomach juice pepsin on the mucous membrane of the esophagus, stomach and proximal part of dodecadactylon decreases. Also dyspeptic disorders (epigastric burning, belching, sensation of heaviness in anticardium etc.) disappear.
Fixation of hydrochloric acid in stomach give a boost to evacuation neutralized of gastric material into intestinal canal, decreases stomach and intestinal canal convulsions.Elimination of the signs of motorgastro-duodenal zone, in turn, stimulates and normalize hepar condition, cholecystis and bile passages.The presence of hydrocarbonate ions in water promotes better absorption in intestinal canal of some micro-elements, in particular iron.
Sulfate ions (SO42-) reduce the gastric secretion activity and have visible effect on intestinal canal it regulates your bowel movements, resolves gaseous distention and absterge. These ions release body especially hepar from influence of different toxic materials.Sulfate ions have evident choleretic action.The products of sore, bile acid, pigments, cholesterin are egested with bile which decreases inflammatory conditions in cholecystis and prevents gallstone formation.
Sulfate ions increase metabolic process. After normalization bowel activity functional hepar condition improves, as sulfate slows down the release of hydrochloric acid in stomach, that is the cause for its usage by patients with hepatopathy and intercurrent stomach disease, proceed with hyperacidity.
Cations (potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium) play an important role in the life of the body. Even small lapse of their concentration in tissues and in blood can sharply break all physiological processes and require urgent correction:
– sodium ion (Na +) in drinking mineral waters has a prominent stimulatory action on the secretory apparatus of the digestive tract. Sodium ions and bile digestive system functions;
– potassium ion (K +) enhances the tone and motor activity of the stomach and intestinal canal. Potassium, as the main cellicolous cation, is directly related to protein production, a number of enzyme systems, and glucose metabolism. The presence of potassium in the cell leads to the accumulation of energy in it, and the release of potassium leads to its loss. Potassium ions have a stimulating effect on the smooth muscles of the urinary tracts, enhancing their motor function, improve urodynamics, which helps to promote urocheras, hempseed calculus and remove them with urine;
– magnesium ion (Mg2 +) in a common range of macro- and microelements has a special place. Together with calcium ions, magnesium identifies activity of more than 300 enzymes. The role of magnesium in maintaining the optimal functioning of cardiomyocyte is known, and its deficiency provokes the development of various heart diseases. In addition, magnesium through the different mechanisms caries out the control of blood pressure. Finally, magnesium ions are crucially important to ensure digestion, since on the one hand, they regulate intestinal motility, and on the other hand, they promote the elaboration and bile flow.
Having additional magnesium ions in mineral water makes it possible to restock magnesium homeostasis efficiently and promote the activation of metabolic reactions in diabetes mellitus. Magnesium enhances intestinal motility, has a laxative effect, actively affects the biliary function, catalyses the activity of a number of enzymes of digestive tract. Magnesium helps to reduce oxaluria, as in usual conditions its ions bind up to 40% of oxalic acid in the urine, and their deficiency is shown by the formation of calcium oxalate crystals
– calcium ion (Ca 2+) has an antiphlogistic and desensitizing effect, compensate for a shortcoming of calcium in the body, affects bony tissue growth, reduces the hemorrhagic tendency from the mucous membranes.
This is quite important in the treatment of patients with vesical calcification, especially if there is an intercurrent pyelonephritis disease. Calcium increases the solubility of uric acid in urine, which explains efficiency of uric acid diathesis treatment.
Boron is present in the mineral waters of Luzhanska – 12 and Luzhanska – 3r in the form of orthoboric acid (H3BO3), which makes them natural antacids with a more visible effect. Boron improves the structure of the bony skeleton, because it regulates the activity of the parathormone of the parathyroid glands, thereby improves calcium exchange, fluorine and magnesium – the main building material of bone structures, and prevents their excessive clearance from the body.
Boron affects the transformation of vitamin D in the body, which also increases the body’s ability to absorb calcium. In addition, boron is involved in the fusion of steroid hormones: testosterone and estrogen. This is useful for women who have a menopause, as well as for patients with joint diseases after bone injuries.
The fluorine content in the mineral waters of Luzhanska-12 and Luzhanska-3r helps to remove radionuclides and salts of heavy metals from the body, as well as strengthens tooth enamel, suppresses the fusion of uric acid, and prevents crystallization of salts in the urinary system and lithogenesis.
Silicon (Si) in water is contained in the form of metasilicic (H2SiO3), in colloidal non- dissociated form, which explains the adsorptive, antiinflammatory, analgesic and diuretic quality of these waters. Silicic acid activates the fibroblastic activity of mesenchymal cells, promotes the formation of granulations and scarring, and involved in metabolic processes relates to the fusion of mucopolysaccharides and collagen.
Carbon dioxide (CO2) – enhances the secretion of stomach juice and pancreas gland secretion, suscitating the gastrointestinal motor function, increases appetite. Containing carbon dioxide promotes faster absorption and excretion by nephros, which is one of the reasons for the diuretic action. In addition, CO2 increases blood flow and water filtration in the malpighian tuft.
Inhaling with mineral water do not cause allergic reactions, addiction, passes softly and painlessly. The effect of the procedures is based on the high content of hydrogen carbonate, which is in mineral water. This effect is achieved by modern ultrasonic nebulizer that sprays water into an aerosol that reaches even bronchia and helps:
- dislodge mucus:
- smooth over short cough;
- cure running cold, worsen laryngitis;
- release mucous membrane irritation;
- prevent episode of bronchial allergy;
- cure symptoms of cold efficiently;
- recover softly after bronchitis, lung inflammation.
Hydrolaser gingivae irrigation is a complex physiotherapeutic procedure that includes hydromassage and laser treatment for gingivae. The procedure is carried out with a one-use tip, which has the shape of a toothbrush; jets of pressure water replace the fibre of the brush.
Water washes away the lipopolysaccharide patch, which is on the roots of the teeth and is a favorable environment for microorganisms, which, in turn, cause periodontal inflammatory process. In addition, water improves blood circulation in pathological areas of the periodontium. Along with hydromassage, laser therapy is also carried out. The laser beam reduces the inflammatory process, improves blood circulation of the gingivae and periodontium.
After a few days of regular irrigation, bleeding and bad breath disappear.
Hydrolaser gingivae irrigation is indicated for all forms and stages of dental diseases and is widely used at various stages of complex therapy, rehabilitation aim at affecting individual parts of the pathologic process, for the symptomatic treatment of a number of dental diseases: periodontal disease, pulpitis, gingivitis, periostitis, and stomatitis.
Hydrocolonotherapy is an effective, modern and painless method of complete evacuation of bowels, helps to improve an overall body state, get rid of waste and toxic materials, as well as restore microflora. Thanks to advanced technologies, this treatment, by the way of proceeding it resembles an enema, does not cause discomfort and is psychologically more acceptable for a person.
The idea of hydrocolonotherapy is in careful colonic washing by phase sequence of filling it with sterile water, followed by evacuation. The duration of the session is usually from 30 to 40 minutes, during which up to 30 liters of fluid is used. This can be plain, mineral water or medicinal herbal infusions, which are also used to irrigate intestinal canal after the procedure.
The sanatorium ‘CRYSHTALEVE DZHERELO’ is equipped with an indispensable apparatus- Colon Hydromat for hydrocolonotherapy – a compact and at the same time fully functional device with the possibility of programming. The new generation device has a fluid supply and fluid extraction system, which makes the session comfortable for the patient, a monitor for monitoring the process in real time, temperature sensors and pressure monitoring sensors.
The working process of a modern apparatus for hydrocolonotherapy is fully automatic and safe – a discardable tip is inserted into the straight intestine, according with the selected mode, the liquid penetrates through thin tubes inside and, thanks to a stimulating massage, completely removes all contents.
Indications for hydrocolonotherapy:
- haemorrhoids(non- acute stage)
- irritable bowel syndrome;
- gynecological disorders (anabrosis, vaginitis)
- Chronic Inflammatory Bowel Desease in remission;
- dolichosigmoid and megacolon(if there is no anamnesis of bowel obstruction)
- hepatic disorders, cholecystis and bile passages in remission;
- metabolic disease- arthragra, diabetes mellitus, and hyperadiposity;
- dermal diseases- acne, psoriasis, chronic eczema, neurodermatitis etc.;
- complex detoxication intoxication (alcoholic intoxication, drug intoxication, food intoxication, chemical intoxication)
- examination of large bowel (preparation to it, removing contrast after actinography )
- preparation for surgery;
- prostatitis, adenoma;
- the symptoms of prolonged intoxication of the body (general weakness, pain in the head, untypical body aroma) strengthening the immune system (indicated for the frequent occurrence of dermatitis with an unclear etiology, respiratory and cold-related diseases).
Effects of hydrocolonotherapy:
- complete, thorough and gentle washing of the large intestine and improve its functioning due to stimulation of contractile force of tissues
- restoration of the anatomically correct form of the rectum (gas and fecal impaction are removed, the number of bends increases)
- stimulation of the immune system and reflex connections;
- rehydration, which optimal for the proper functioning of the body;
- cleansing the intestinal mucosa from descended epithelium, mucus, bacterias, toxins, egesta;
- proctosigmoidoscope improvement of blood and lymph microcirculation in the abdominal space;
- washing and evacuation of bowels positively affects its motor function, contributes to the normalization of evacuation, at the same time contributes to the reflecting bile outflow and pancreatic juice, reduces bloating and pain in the intestinal canal.
Colonic irrigation is prescribed after a mandatory examination – proctosigmoidoscope and examination by a proctologist.
Gynecological irrigation is a gynecological procedure, the idea of which is washing the vagina with a quantity of mineral water – up to 25 liters. By changing the responsiveness of the body, mineral water helps to eliminate the inflammatory process, restore metabolism, normalize ovarian menstrual cycle and secretory functions, and eliminate pelvic pain. In infertility, water has a tonic effect, causes active hyperemia of the pelvic organs, stimulates ovarian function, eliminates residual effects (adhesive process in pelvic), stimulates the trophic function of the solar plexus, and restores uterine tubes patency.
With climacteric disorders, the coordination function of the pituitary-hypothalamic area is restored when gynecological irrigation is used, the functional status of the autonomic vegetative nervous system is regulated, and sleep is normalized .Gynecological irrigation has a desensitizing, antiphlogistic, anaesthetic, resolving effect.
Gynecological irrigation with mineral water of a temperature 36-38 ° C is prescribed; it lasts 10 minutes, daily or every other day, for a treatment course of 8-10 procedures.
The procedure is carried out after consulting a gynecologist and is contraindicated in case of uterine hemorrhage, acute inflammatory process, during pregnancy, especially with the threat of interruption, as well as during menstruation.
Indications for gynecological irrigation
- Chronic inflammatory diseases of the female genital organs – adnexitis, metroperitonitis, endometritis, trichomonas colpitis, endocervicitis, cervicitis
- Chronic diseases of the pelvic fat – postoperative cohesion in the pelvic cavity, peritoneal commissures
- Inflammatory cervical erosion
- Primary and secondary infertility
- Hhypogenesis, uterine infantilism
- Disorders of menstrual function (hyper-, hypo-, menstrual colic)
- Climacteric syndrome, early, pathological menopause.